"Welcome to Spain"
This is what the woman at Western Union on Las Ramblas says to me after I finish acquiring my second round of wired funds. And why, you might ask, would I need any funds at all? \because, after being in Barcelona for an hour, if that, my wallet went missing or was stolen. Luckily, I still had my passport, otherwise I can't even imagine what I would have done. I went to the police station and everything, and now have my very own copy of a police report in which I am a victim. I guess there's a first time for everything.
In any case, while I was waiting around for the money situation to work out, although I was largely tring to conserve energy, I did a little investigating. \in the courtyard of an old hospital for crazy people (this is my poor quality direct translation from spanish) there were a whole cluster of orange trees, with oranges on them! I tried eating one, but it was incredibly sour, although unbelievably juicy. I also spent some time down by the ocean, which is always a nice thing to do on sunny days.
Getting to Barcelona, on a 24 hour long haul bus from Prague, was surprisingly great. The ride from Prague to Nurnberg was gorgeous, and at the German stop I acquired a new seat mate who turned out to be an incredibly sweet Bulgarian woman. We got on very well, despite not being able to communicate in words, really. She even offered me a sausage at one point.
In any case, while I was waiting around for the money situation to work out, although I was largely tring to conserve energy, I did a little investigating. \in the courtyard of an old hospital for crazy people (this is my poor quality direct translation from spanish) there were a whole cluster of orange trees, with oranges on them! I tried eating one, but it was incredibly sour, although unbelievably juicy. I also spent some time down by the ocean, which is always a nice thing to do on sunny days.
Getting to Barcelona, on a 24 hour long haul bus from Prague, was surprisingly great. The ride from Prague to Nurnberg was gorgeous, and at the German stop I acquired a new seat mate who turned out to be an incredibly sweet Bulgarian woman. We got on very well, despite not being able to communicate in words, really. She even offered me a sausage at one point.

3 Comments:
oh no. we had a credit card stolen in barcelona & watched at least three other people realize that they'd been robbed. barcelona must have the most talented pickpockets in the western world.
did you EAT the sausage???
Yeah, those Barcelona pickpockets are really quick. And just so good at what they do, which in a way makes me unable to hate them, as odd as that might sound.
No, I did not eat the sausage. It wass really late and the sausage was more of a weiner sort of thing that couldn't have looked less appealing at the time.
Post a Comment
<< Home